Monday, December 22, 2008

-35 is a pleasant temperature for a fast walk


I'm not kidding. Too cold for my redbone coonhound, just right for multi-layered me. So I did the rounds: post office (think old-fashioned, with a key, and everyone stops to chat), then to the Credit Union, where my 791,000 in Indonesian Rupiah ($100 CDN) arrived just in time for my trip to Bali.

The countdown is on: son Logan and I leave Saskatoon via Via (as in Rail) for Vancouver on Dec. 27th, and from Vancouver for Bali on December 31st. I'm trying to learn a little Bahasa Indonesia, but all I can remember is "sama sama," which means "don't mention it."

And I'm forever reminded how small the world is: a friend who teaches English in Taiwan said he's going to be there at the same time, with his surfing buddies. How lucky is that? Logan's all about the surfing, and I kinda dig it, too. Last time I did it was in Hawaii (see above) a year ago.

Okay, I'm perspiring after that bracing walk. Hot bath, here come I.

No comments:

Post a Comment