Monday, August 9, 2010

Mazatlan #7: New Words

osamentos - bones\skeleton
hallazgo - discovery

balazo - shot, bulletwound

bala - bullet

fosa - grave

ballaceras - persons shot

semiquemado - half-burned

lesionado - wounded

huida - escape

rumbo desconocido - unknown route
_____________

Yes, I've been reading the paper again. And this is how my vocabulary grows. Tells a sad tale, no? A found poem, of a sort.

A headline today: "Matan en Sinaloa a 70 en solo 8 dias." 70 murdered in the state in only 8 days, many of which have been in or near Mazatlan.
_______________________

I joined Greg's party yesterday and fell terribly ill. What a pair.

The worst part was the lethargy.

The worst part was the diarrhea. (Good lord ... again?)

The worst part was the nausea.

We played a fair bit of cribbage.
Today, however, he reports a a 60 % recovery and I've almost completely rebounded.

After my dental appointment (another one), we hit the beach. I borrowed a Mexican oceanographer's boogie board (try saying that 3 times fast), and enjoyed being a girl in the waves.
A few days ago I went on a stroll and took shots of Mexican tiles. I've always been rather wild about them. More samples below.

Oh, and I cut my hair off today. In this heat, something had to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment