Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Another home salon, another fine time in Tofino

 
 
On February 5th, several women gathered in my home for an I Wasn't Always Like This literary salon, hosted by Rachel Muller. Some kind of magic happens when you get a group of women together and talk about life. Here's what participants are saying about the salon:
 
****
 
"...a BIG THANK YOU to Shelley for sharing her book and herself with us and for creating a safe and open space for everyone to share in. She is an incredible woman in every way and is a real inspiration -- demonstrating the possibilities that are there for each of us, even with all our imperfections, fears, baggage (maybe even be...cause of them!)." - Sharon, Nanaimo
 
"Thank you Rachel (host) for the wonderful, intimate evening. It was one of the best nights I have had since moving to Ladysmith." - Joanne, Ladysmith
 
"I echo Joanne's words ... it was a wonderful, intimate evening. Thank you for creating the space and asking the questions that made it possible." - Rachel, Ladysmith
 
**If anyone is interested in hosting me for a home salon, please be in touch and we'll make it happen.** Thanks, Shelley
 
 
****
 
North Chesterman Beach, Tofino, BC
 
I have just returned from spending a spectacular weekend with my friend David in a beachfront house in Tofino.
 
We played on and in the water, explored, acted like the kids that we are, and gave our guitars a workout. Such a holiday!
 
 
 
 
 
What a setting for my morning coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment